I created one of these posts for St. Louis, MO some time ago. Yes, I’m aware I’ve been absent on my blog for a couple of years and it is time to revive! Over the last few years we’ve hosted a number of visitors and one of the most frequently asked questions is “where should we eat?” Here’s an initial stab at my favorites on Oahu:
- Sushi ii (across from Walmart in Samsung plaza) – there are many great sushi establishments in Honolulu and many I think are solidly on par with places in Japan but Sushi ii has my heart. Omakase all the way!
- Prima in Kailua – proper Neapolitan pizza in a wood fire oven.
- Goma Tei (2 locations in town) – similar to sushi, there are many great ramen places but Goma Tei’s tan tan ramen warms the soul.
- Ono Seafood on Kapahulu – want poke and cannot catch the fish yourself, go here. You’ll be happy!
- Marukame Udon – I know, I know! It’s touristy but very good and an experience all visitors should have.
- Diamond Head Cove Health Bar – best acai bowls on Oahu as far as I’m concerned. Get the mana bowl!
- Lanikai Juice – Think Jamba Juice is good? Lanikai is exponentially better and the ingredients include more than sugar and sugary juices.
- Da Spot – tasty Mediterranean fusion cuisine and interesting dishes.
- The Pig & The Lady – a modern twist on Vietnamese food.
- Livestock Tavern – if you like meat, you’ll love Livestock!
- Grondin – one of my favorite downtown restaurants. French-Latin cuisine. Enough said.
- Matsumoto’s Shave Ice – take a trip to Haleiwa, watch the surf, and grab a refreshing shave ice.
- Giovanni’s Shrimps – famous garlic shrimp that lives up to its fame!
- Kahuku Corn – Mexican street corn!
- Green World Coffee Farm – solid coffee that’s also a nice way to break up a trip between town and the north shore.
I know there are more that I’m not thinking of at the moment so stay tuned for another post or an edit.